Job Opening – Auditor
Terms of Reference
This Ability Trust is a charitable organization that works to advance the rights and inclusion of women and girls with disabilities in Kenya where our main objective is to amplify the voices and increase visibility of women and girls with disabilities.
To conduct an institutional audit for This Ability for the period January 2020 to December 2020 as per the various donor regulations in relation to the contracts available that cover the audited period.
- The auditors shall provide an independent professional opinion on the financial position of This Ability Trust and ensure the funds utilized for activities have been used for their intended purposes.
- The audit shall be carried out in accordance with the International Auditing Standards and will include tests and verification procedures, as the auditors deem necessary.
At the end of the audit, the auditor will be required to provide:
- This Ability Trust financial audit report in Kenya Shillings.
- Audit Duration: The audit work shall be completed within 1 Month from the date of commencement of the audit.
Qualifications of the audit firm.
- The selected auditor will be a firm duly established in Kenya, registered and possessing all necessary licenses to operate. The firm should have relevant experience and must have been in existence for at least 5years with at least 3 years of experience in auditing similar organizations (Non-governmental Organizations).
The firm must include at least:
- A senior accountant/chartered accountant or equivalent with at least 5 years of professional experience in auditing non-governmental organizations funded by both local and international donors.
The following documents must be attached to the application:
- ICPAK certificate of good standing.
- Company profile and detailed CVs of the firm’s partners and staff that will be taking part in the assignment.
- A copy of the certificate of registration/incorporation.
- Tax compliance certificate.
In addition, you will be required to provide the following;
- Financial proposal for the engagement
- Estimated number of hours to complete the audit.