Terms of Reference
This Ability Trust is a non-profit organization that works to advance the rights and inclusion of women and girls with disabilities in Kenya. Our vision is to be a dynamic organization that facilitates the realization of a society in which the rights of women and girls with disabilities are respected and upheld, allowing them to live fully integrated lives politically, economically and socially.
The Generation Equality Forum is a global movement that was convened by UN Women and co-hosted by Mexico and France. The platform seeks to accelerate the implementation of the gender equality commitments in the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action of 1995. The forum has identified six thematic areas and created Action Coalitions for each. Gender-Based Violence (GBV) is one of GEF’s Six Action Coalitions (ACs).
Kenya is co-leading the Gender-Based Violence Action Coalition alongside other states such as the U.K., Uruguay, and Iceland as member states; the European Union; Ford Foundation; and civil society as well as private sector partners. As a co-leader of the initiative, the Government of Kenya seeks to leverage the Generation Equality platform as an opportunity to recommit to ending all forms of GBV and FGM by 2026.
This Ability Trust has been collaborating with other civil society organizations in Kenya to fine-tune and contribute to the commitments made by Kenya. Towards this commitment, This Ability Trust will be holding a campaign centred on sharing and amplifying the voices of women and girls with disabilities from different regions in Kenya with a focus on Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu counties.
- To coordinate the Generation Equality Forum campaign within This Ability Trust.
- Coordinate comunication with project participants
- Support project data collection processes
- Strengthen effective monitoring and evaluation processes
- Assist in preparation of project narrative and support financial reports
- Consolidation and analysis of data collection and reports
- Assist in the coordination of project monitoring and evaluation and reports (initial, mid and final) • Document and report on project successes and failures
- Support and coordínate with This Ability team on project activities
- Liase with all project partners to ensure timely and efficient implementation
- Ensure efficient use of project resources and tracking progress on project objectives
- Work with media and communications team to document and create project visibility
- Maintain a database of all project interactions including partners, participants, organizations for reference
- A degree or diploma in social sciences
- At least two years of proved experience in similar positions.
- Knowledge on Kenyan social context
- Knowledge on human rights and gender analysis
- Young women with disability are particularly encouraged to apply